What is Microbial Death?
Microbial death occurs when the cell structure of a microorganism becomes dysfunctional and the entire cell sustains irreversible damage. The cell can no longer reproduce so that death begins when a certain amount of disinfectant or microbicidal agent is present.
The Disinfection Process
The disinfection process takes place by causing corrosion on the external and internal membrane as well as on the energy metabolism of cells. This rupture of the membrane causes a loss of structure so there is no means of defence. This alteration of the chemical structure causes the microorganisms to lose their original properties and become biologically inactive.
Disinfection is known as the destruction or inhibition of growth of all pathogenic organisms on non-living surfaces.
Bacoban’s patented surface disinfection formula represents a new generation approach that contains a polycondensate, a quaternary compound and sodium pyrithione. This innovative combination makes Bacoban a ‘membrane active’ agent, which can provide effective antimicrobial activity that targets the inner membrane of bacteria, plasma membrane in yeasts and the denature of virus proteins. Adsorption and penetration of Bacoban into the cell wall and membrane leads to degradation of proteins and DNA, damaging their structure and integrity leading to their death. The unique advantage of Bacoban is the continual antimicrobial activity that offers up to 10 days of high level protection.
Disinfection Safety – Use Bacoban Responsibly
Bacoban serves to provide effective disinfection where contamination is most concentrated or to where infection is easily transmitted. This targeted use helps to provide essential protection against infection or cross contamination.
Overuse of disinfectants, biocides or virucides should be avoided as constant use can reduce the overall effectiveness. They work best as a disinfection tool used with correct discretion to maintain high hygiene standards.
- Safe handling is essential to achieve the best level of performance. There are many injuries that happen with disinfectant cleaning due to improper use of the products.
- Diluting concentrated products unsafely increases the health hazards of the products and leads to workers breathing in fumes or absorbing the concentrate through the skin.
- Wrong chemicals mixed together react to form a toxic gas, endangering health.
- Chemicals that are too concentrated and not diluted correctly result in negative health effects for the user and the people who occupy the room.
Spray > Wipe > Dry
Easy Application with Bacoban
The regular application of Bacoban constantly builds up the micro-layer which produces additional improvement of the surface for its antimicrobial effect, and for routine cleaning. The infection and dirt substances can thereafter be removed with less cleaning effort giving an additionally improved condition of hygiene.
Achieve the best results
- Thorough cleaning of the surface to be treated is necessary beforehand.
- Apply Bacoban® (max. 80 ml/m2)
– Wipe on and distribute with a cloth/paper towel, or the Bacoban Disinfectant Wipes.
– Spray on Bacoban Disinfectant Spray
- Do not mix Bacoban with other cleaners or additives.
- After applying the first micro-layer, the material should ideally be left overnight, in any case for no less than 6-8 hours. This allows the micro-layer to form properly and be washable.
In each wiping disinfection with Bacoban the acting time is 5 minutes (according to *DGHM).
Bacoban serves to provide effective disinfection where contamination is most concentrated.
- Disinfection is known as the destruction or inhibition of growth of all pathogenic organisms on non-living surfaces.
- Microbial death occurs when cell structures become dysfunctional and entire cells sustain irreversible damage.
- Bacoban is a ‘membrane active’ agent, which can provide effective antimicrobial activity that targets the inner membrane of bacteria, plasma membrane in yeasts and causes the denature of virus proteins.
Hepatitis B · Bacoban kills viruses in 5 minutes